One word mapping - Differences in Perception





I interviewed 6 people to ask them"what word do think of when you see the word rabbit?" And when they gave me answer, I asked them to do this question again based on the word they gave me. For example, if I come up with "white" after rabbit, the next word I think is for white. And I think of the word "theory". That's how this interview worked. 

Besides, I asked everyone Do Not Image a Scene or a Story when they thinking about the new words, just see the word itself. In this way, they can avoid limiting their imagination in a single condition. After this question was repeated 20 times, I got some very interesting final words, like somebody came back to their first words. And I can tell how different they are when I see their words lines. 


This map is like a cross section of people's thought. These word lines come from the same word, and it is the same pattern that how people interact towards the same thing or same problem. Some people's thought is circle, which always turned around. They are easily affected by the words they said before. On the other hand, some people has a radiate train of ideas. For example the word line ends with the word "universe". 


Besides, we can also tell how many stations they traveled before they got the final words. The line ends with "tears", is related to natural first. Then it goes to the "film" because his film resources always come from natural. After a little transition, he is leaded to the reality and ends with the reflection of his recent situation. We can follow his steps to re-experience his thought. 

Everyone's past shapes and affects them for their entire life. And it remains me of a old movie which telling crazy scientists trying to clone Hitler. They left the kids who having same DNA as Hitler in different family, and controlled their life changed in the identical pattern, which imitated Hitler's early life. I wonder if people has exactly the same life, are they going to be the same person, and shard the same behavior pattern? Or they will still become different because of their own intrinsic quality. 

You Might Also Like

0 评论

Flickr Images