Reflection on a War Story

The war story I picked is from Raffaella - A hot day in a bank. I picked this story because its interesting title which looking more like...

The war story I picked is from Raffaella - A hot day in a bank. I picked this story because its interesting title which looking more like a funny experience instead of an educational article. And it turns out I was right. After reading her story, I got a theory:  no matter how good everything looks like, there always some unexpected situations happened.


Just like Raffaella Roviglioni told us, she covered everything she can think about but still failed because of the hot weather. What I learned is that be prepared for them mentally and stop worrying, because “no matter how well you think about any detail in advance, there’s always room for problems.” And there are always unpredictable. Therefore being stressful or worrying too much is unnecessary and useless. What we can do and should do, is accepting it, adjusting ourselves to fit in the now condition as quickly as possible and finding a way to improve present situation, or at least try to. Sometimes getting into trouble is because what you did. While sometimes it's just about naturally being wrong.

When I started talking about being wrong, I thought about what we can learn from the wrong thing we did. After all, as a human being, we always do wrong stuff. What truly matters is how we think and feel being wrong, which I believe can lead us to the reason of how and why we made mistakes, which comes from ourselves instead of outside environmental factors.




I found an interesting Ted talk -  "Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error", which inspired me a lot about this topic. Not much related directly with design research. But the core thought is similar.




You Might Also Like

1 评论

  1. I wasn't able to watch the whole TED talk, but I think that "being wrong" and especially "willing to be wrong", are a part of Design Research, for sure - you'll find that you've misunderstood things many times, and that's ok!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images